Jan 26, 2011

Mostly crocheting!


I've been being more active on Ravelry, and sometimes even actually starting the projects I put in my queue! I know, awesome, right?

Here are some recent crafty photos:

This is my most recent finish, a headband I made in two days. I still can't decide how much I like the grayish lavender with the light green, but those were the only two colors I had in sport weight and I felt like learning how to change color. (It was surprisingly easy, given how much my mom complains about it.) For fellow Ravelers, the pattern is here.


 I made T-shirt yarn! It was easy and surprisingly relaxing. I used this tutorial to make the center pull ball as I went.
 I promised a finished headphone sleeves pic, and here it is! My friend said she thinks the cats won't bother them now, so I've got my fingers crossed. I used embroidery floss to mark the right and left earpieces, because I covered the markings on the 'phones themselves.
 Action shot of my dog using the bed I made for her! I made an oval version of a Craftster tutorial find, using some fleece blankets I got for 2 for $3. Can't beat that! I had enough left over to make two cat beds, but the cats won't use them anymore now that the Christmas tree is no longer a protective overhang.
D20 bag is slowly progressing... It turned out that I was counting the rows wrong at the beginning and end, so the edges are too bumpy, but I don't think it'll show when I sew everything together. My more immediate concern is finding a cure for the 16/20 blues...







I saved up this picture post for a while so it looks like I've been productive, but actually, aside from the headband and T-shirt yarn in the past few days, I've been slacking since I got back from Toronto. I want to get to Michael's and add to my yarn stash as inspiration, but I still have so much cross stitch to finish! Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment